Key insights shared in this episode include:
Here is a snapshot of a few of the takeaways I took from my conversation with Charles:
- There is no such thing as an overnight success, starting a business needs patience and perseverance. It took eight years of digging and construction before the doors opened at Peninsula Hot Springs.
- Invest in research and planning. Charles has visited hot springs in over 36 countries and continues to invest in research and development to not just improve his business but the greater good of his industry.
- At the core of Charles passion is a love of hot springs and the medicinal benefits they bring to peoples mental and physical well being. A vision is nothing without passion and love for what you.
- Running a business with a universal mission and many projects on the go can be all consuming. Book a holiday in advance, make the time for friends and family (and yourself) always to have something to look forward to.
- Business Awards like the Victoria Tourism Industry Council RACV Victorian Tourism Awards are not just about winning. They are an excellent way to keep your business on top of your own game. The team at Penninsula Hot Springs continuously raise the bar. Charles is a firm believer in co-opetition and despite winning Hall of Fame multiple times continues to enter the awards under new categories to establish gaps and improve the business.
Links and Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Tourism Hub is a weekly podcast dedicated to you and your Tourism Excellence.
If you want to help ignite the tourism industry with a message of greatness ‘Subscribe on iTunes‘ and stay connected with special experience maker interviews, insights and inspiration to grow your tourism business and career. You can also join a private community of tourism industry professionals on the Your Tourism Excellence Facebook Group.