In this episode join Despina Karatzias for a conversation about Financial Intelligence and Keeping the Lights on for Tourism, Events and Entertainment Business ie the good, bad and the unique opportunities facing the tourism industry with Amit Aggarwal from SAPTAX.
Key Learnings and A-HA Moments from Amit:
- Build a strong team of professionals around you when starting a new business (legal and accounting)
- Expect a lag between when you start a business and when you start making a profit. Can you sustain the business during that time?
- There’s no such thing as job security
- Check your local council’s website for business support
- We’re all going through our own challenges, don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Round 3 of the Business Support Package outlines which industries are eligible
- Life beyond numbers
- Make sure you’re calm and composed before you advise others
- Persistence and consistency are key to keep going through challenges
- An upset mind is in no position to make an informed decision
Resources and Links Amit Loves:
Show hosted by Despina Karatzias and brought to you by Tourism Hub in association with Institute Of Excellence.
Follow us on social media for updates
Facebook: Institute of Excellence | Tourism Hub Podcast | Despina Karatzias
Instagram: @instituteofexcellencehq | @tourismhubpodcast | @desikaratzias
YouTube: Institute of Excellence | Despina Karatzias