Meet Fiona Sweetman who not only leads a pretty fab business and team, at Hidden Secrets Tours, she sits on a number of boards, social collectives, educational programs and now council of her city of Melbourne.
Tune in to hear how Fiona got started, what change she wants to see in the world and how she stays motivated and driven to run her business and for council.
Key Learnings and A-HA Moments from Fiona:
- Choice is more important than goal setting
- Took 14 years to get a business coach, but having done that had saved Fiona’s life
- Fiona is running for mayor for the City of Melbourne
- Growth in business in Melbourne during COVID19 doesn’t just have to be about numbers, but can also be about how we can do things better.
- Get out of your own way
- It’s okay to be different
- It’s okay to say that you don’t know
- You don’t identify as excluded until you’re included
- In small business, you don’t have to be biggest, just love what you do
- Effort and conscious decisions matter
- It all stops with you, there’s only you.
Resources and Links Fiona Loves:
Show hosted by Despina Karatzias and brought to you by Tourism Hub in association with Institute Of Excellence.
Follow us on social media for updates
Facebook: Institute of Excellence | Tourism Hub Podcast | Despina Karatzias
Instagram: @instituteofexcellencehq | @tourismhubpodcast | @desikaratzias
YouTube: Institute of Excellence | Despina Karatzias