Nikolaos Gkolfinopoulos holds a Master’s Degree in International Sustainable Tourism Management from Monash University Australia, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Economic Sciences from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Nikolaos has been working for UNWTO since 2016 and currently holds the position of Silk Road Project Specialists within the Technical Cooperation and Silk Road Department.
Among others, Nikolaos is dedicated to the promotion of sustainable tourism development and the SDGs, the strategic international and interregional tourism development, Public-Private tourism partnerships, the creation of new Silk Road tourism intelligence, and assessing the Social Impact tourism has for the local societies and communities.
Nowadays he enjoys working on the Tourism Recovery, assisting destinations and Member States overcome the tourism challenges of the pandemic. Nikolaos identifies as a person of Greek heart and Global citizen Spirit.
Key Learnings and A-HA Moments from Nikos:
- Not having the clarity of vision shouldn’t be deterrent to move forward
- Having an understanding of other cultures will allow you to communicate in a positive and effective and efficient manner
- Despite the sacrifices made during the time studying in Melbourne, it was the moment that Nikos received the call for an offer of employment at UNWTO that justified his decisions up until that point.
- You don’t decide to do things 100%, you feel it
- Do not submit anything until you have reviewed it at least 10 times
- Always be thinking about the interest of the other party
Resources and Links Nikos Loves:
Show hosted by Despina Karatzias and brought to you by Tourism Hub in association with Institute Of Excellence.
Follow us on social media for updates